Hello, folks, and a big warm welcome to the 100 Down Club! What is the 100 Down Club? The 100 Down Club is positive encouragement for people trying to lose large amounts of weight or keep weight off, especially 100 pounds or more. Discussions can be had in the comments following posts, and will be moderated. The purpose is to be a supportive and non-judgmental resource for people struggling with weight. This is also intended to help people overcome weight-related shame, and to encourage pursuing happy and purposeful lives regardless of weight. Those with smaller amounts of weight to lose are also welcome, but the focus will be on large weight loss. Those seeking to better support a loved in losing a lot of weight are also specifically welcomed.
Like many people, I have struggled with my weight for my entire adult life. I am currently working on losing more than 100 pounds (45 kg). I am down 52 pounds (24 kg) from my highest-ever weight! I formed the 100 Down Club for people who want to lose at least 100 pounds, who are working on losing at least 100 pounds, or who have lost at least 100 pounds. It is my hope that building a positive weight management community will help keep me and others on track. I believe that people should try to feel good about themselves regardless of what they weigh, and that this will help them rather than hinder them in their weight goals.
Here, people are welcome to give and receive positive encouragement, kindness, and acceptance – with the wisdom that such an approach is much more effective than things like shaming or guilt.
A few rules:
- Be decent. Do not behave towards others in ways that you would not want them to behave towards you, or towards your loved one. You can disagree and debate, but do so respectfully.
- No fat-shaming. If you dislike someone who happens to be fat, make legitimate criticisms of them rather than focusing on their weight as though that is their main shortcoming. No other hate speech, either – no racist, sexist, homophobic or otherwise hateful comments which are intended to harass but not add value to the discussion.
- No pushing patently dangerous or unscientific weight loss methods, i.e. diets that consist solely of juice.
- Respect other people’s right to decide on weight loss surgery for themselves, and they should also respect yours. Whether or not someone has surgery is entirely their decision, and is always a difficult and complicated choice. Don’t tell someone who had it that they took an “easy out”, anyone who knows anything about WLS knows that it comes at a very high personal cost.
- If you gain weight or have a setback, you are still always welcome here with no judgments. It happens to the best of us. ❤
- No matter how much extra weight you carry, you are no less lovable or worthy. 🙂 Remember that every day, for you and others. Never let anyone make you feel any lesser because of how much you weigh. ❤ xo
Looking forward to getting better and feeling better with like-minded folks! 🙂